Thursday, December 3, 2009

Pumpkin Bread


This wonderful recipe comes to me from Lorraine - not only is it easy -- it is a family favorite year round. The recipe makes 3 one pound loaves of this "heavenly stuff" and once you've tasted it you'll be glad that it does! I bake it in one pound coffee cans and honeslty it really comes out best this way - you can of course use regular loaf pans but, it really does change the taste and texture of the bread. So, if you can get a hold of 3 cans by all means do, you won't regret it. The recipe is simple:


Preheat oven to 350

Grease and flour 3 coffee cans or loaf pans


3 1/2 cups of flour

3 cups of sugar

2 tsps baking soda

1 1/2 nutmeg

1 1/2 tsps cinnamon


1 15oz can pumpkin

1 cup of canola oil

2/3 cup water

4 eggs

1 cup walnuts or nuts of choice


Mix all wet ingredients. Mix all dry ingredients then slowly add wet to dry mix until all the batter is wet.

Pour evenly into the 3 pans and bake for 1 hour. With my oven it takes a bit longer - I bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.


3 comments:

B : ) said...

I can vouch for the taste! Magnificent mosaic - what a great idea, instead of taking up all that room with picture by picture reporting. Love it. B :)

Martha said...

Yummy! I can vouch for it too, thanks RP! Great collage too!
Be ready to leap tomorrow - TGIF! :-)

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

I love the look when you bake these in cans. So much nicer looking and as you say, better tasting.

Welcome to Bloggerland. Martha sent us over and I am glad she did. Beautiful photos.