Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Amaryllis


It's hard for me to believe that I put an ugly brown bulb into a pot the Saturday after Thanksgiving and lo and behold 4 weeks and 2 days later this is what I have to enjoy. This is the first of 3 to open and it's not even all the way there yet I just couldn't wait any longer to take a picture of it. What a glorious thing I have growing right on my kitchen table. If you have never planted an Amaryllis before -- next year when you see those boxes on the shelves as the holiday season begins grab one (it comes with everything you need) and try it for yourself you won't believe your eyes. Merry Christmas!!

7 comments:

B : ) said...

save the bulb. Gorgeous picture.

Tussy said...

Beautiful striking color.

You Got a Posty
My Bangkok Through My Eyes!

Maria said...

Georgeous flower. Thanks for the visit and merry christmas.

Vicki ~ FL said...

Good job with your green thumb! That's a beautiful color and send us more pictures when all are open.

Anonymous said...

Stunning!!!!!

Martha said...

Wow, I remember you telling me about it when it first started growing - beautiful!

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

This is one beautiful plant. I love the color.