Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June 1 - the first day of hurricane season...


With all that is going on out in the Gulf of Mexico these days the last thing we need to worry about is hurricane season being upon us. Let's hope the oil geyser in the gulf gets under control and soon - the wild life here on the gulf coast depends upon it. Luckily our beaches here in SW Florida are still oil free and beautiful and the wild life here still has an environment that will sustain it. This lovely White Ibis and his brother joined us on the beach the other morning looking for breakfast. I am hopeful that these beauties will continue to grace our shores

6 comments:

reg said...

That is a really cool bird. What kind is it?

reg said...

opps, I know the name now I now read the commentary.

Auntie E said...

I forgot about that season. Lord willing to will not be a bad year.
My Ruby Tuesday Link for you

tinyskillet said...

Yes, I have to start getting my hurricane supplies back in odrer ready for a new season!

I can't get enough photo of all the sea birds we have here in SW Florida. I too hope they continues to thrive here. It really sickens me to think what's going on out there!

Martha said...

It's all just too much isn't it ::sigh::

We call these cute birds walk walks - remind me to tell you the story about it one of these days :-)

B : ) said...

somehow it will be alright